PARALLEL 6™ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a passionate group of engineers, creative thinkers and business professionals dedicated to supporting our customers’ success in enterprise mobility. Our products reflect our culture. Our company is structured so that anyone, no matter your role or level of experience, can execute on a good idea.
At Parallel 6™, work-life balance is important. We see your happiness and fulfillment as paramount to our success, and we’re here to make it happen.
WAITING FOR YOU
We seek energetic self-starters who are smart, talented and have a passion for business and technology. We offer a fast-paced and challenging environment along with a great amount of autonomy to innovate and continue learning.
PARALLEL 6™ JOBS
We have an array of teams & roles! See what positions are available below.
We are looking for you! At Parallel 6, we are an innovative software as a service provider of mobile enrollment and engagement solutions for clinical research, health, and public sector organizations. Clinical Reach™ is an mClinical™ platform for patient enrollment, engagement, and management of clinical trials worldwide. Additional solutions include GovReach™ for government agencies. GovReach accelerates government-to-citizen and internal government-digital efficiency, transparency, and engagement.
We are on the lookout for energetic self-starters who are smart, talented, and have a passion for business and technology. We offer a fast paced and challenging environment along with a great amount of autonomy to innovate and continue learning. If you are seeking a similar environment, want to be part of a dynamic team and you consistently deliver results, you’ve found the right company.
Currently, we are seeking a Senior Web Applications Developer with demonstrated programming experience and a strong work ethic to join our rapidly growing team. We are looking for a programmer who takes pride in developing outstanding software and is constantly looking to improve the quality of his/her work.
Contribute to new and existing client projects and enable ongoing product innovation. Responsibilities include: working as part of the Parallel 6 Platform product development team across multiple client projects, owning portions of product enhancements as part of a broader product roadmap, mentoring other developers and contributing towards new technical innovations. The ideal candidate is analytical, highly organized, and self-motivated with a proven track record in delivering web technologies. Beyond strong technical skills, we are looking for someone with strong conceptual and information architecture skills who is comfortable working in both paired programming assignments and as part of team.
- Solid working knowledge of the Ruby language and the Rails framework is a must
- Understanding of object-oriented design, design patterns and how they apply to Ruby
- Solid understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance
- Experience creating RESTful APIs for integration with mobile apps and web sites
- Commitment to writing quality code through TDD – RSpec, Capybara, Phantom.JS
- Proficiency with Git as a source code management tool
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with an Agile-based work tracking system such as Atlassian Jira, Assembla, or Rally
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
- Desire to learn new technology and use that knowledge in producing world-class mobile apps
- Experience designing web-based user interfaces
- Solid understanding of one or more NOSQL databases – MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with Twitter Bootstrap or Zurb Foundation
- Knowledge of AWS, iOS SDK, Android SDK
BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field
Local candidates preferred. Parallel 6, Inc. is an EOECLICK HERE FOR AN OPPORTUNITY TO develop AT P6
Parallel 6 is a fun and fast-growing company based in San Diego, CA. Our flagship product is our Enterprise Strength Mobile Platform called Captive Reach. Our vision is to change the way the world works, lives, creates and interacts with their digital life, with the goal of keeping our customers multi-channel world in reach. Our products and services bring best of class and experience to the ever changing and fast paced digital mobile market. We are regularly on the lookout for energetic self-starters who are smart, talented and have a passion for business and technology. We offer a fast paced and challenging environment along with a great amount of autonomy to innovate and continue learning. If you are seeking a similar environment, want to be part of a dynamic team and you consistently deliver results, you’ve found the right company.
Parallel 6 is looking for experienced Dev Ops Engineer with a passion for their work and a hunger to learn. We are looking for bright minds that will contribute to our world-class production infrastructure that hosts the Captive Reach platform. Join our team working on the latest technologies for building scalable, cloud based applications designed to service millions of customers. You will be joining a talented team of professionals located across the globe. We seek a Dev Ops Engineer with demonstrated experience and other complimentary skills to join our rapidly growing team. We are looking for a candidate who is interested in helping to create the next generation of interactive experiences.
Lead and support new and existing client projects while contributing towards ongoing product innovation. Responsibilities include working as part of the Parallel 6 mobile product development team across multiple client projects, owning portions of product enhancements as part of a broader product roadmap, mentoring other developers and contributing towards new technical innovations. The ideal candidate is highly organized, analytical and self-motivated with a proven track record in delivering web technologies. The following represents typical responsibilities:
- Scaling our systems to support millions of users
- Monitoring the performance of our systems in AWS and other data centers
- Automating service deployment and maintenance tasks
- Maintaining high availability through fault tolerance, system standardization, and vigilant disaster recovery planning
- Working side-by-side with our developers to understand the inner-workings of the apps they write and ensure they are both scalable and reliable
- Creating and maintaining systems documentation
- Communicating with internal and external teams located across the globe
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems internals with a good understanding of networking and protocols. Ubuntu and Red Hat experience preferred.
- Excellent with shell commands (sed, grep, awk, and regular expressions).
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) in a production environment including EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, ElastiCache, and Route53.
- Ability to read and write complex Bash and Ruby scripts to automate system deployment, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Experience using and maintaining configuration automation systems such as Chef (preferred), Puppet, or CFEngine.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Nginx, Apache, Redis, and Memcache.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, Oracle) with the ability to write SQL commands and identify and resolve performance issues.
- Experience configuring and maintaining monitoring systems such as Nagios, Sensu, Scout, Graphite, Pingdom, and Ganglia with a demonstrated ability to write new checks.
- Experience using source code management tools. Git preferred.
- Ability and willingness to participate in a 24×7 on-call schedule.
- Capable and self-motivated to quickly learn new technologies, scripting languages, and frameworks.
BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical fieldCLICK HERE FOR AN OPPORTUNITY TO develop AT P6